Welcome to the parish of the Sacred Heart RC Church North Gosforth
The parish of the Sacred Heart has a reputation for being welcoming and friendly, with many varied activities for all age groups. This web site provides information about these activities and the liturgical life of the parish. Read our Parish Profile to get a flavour of who we are, what we do and how we do it.
The church is a Grade II listed building with an interesting and unusual history having been built originally as an Anglican church. The pre-Raphaelite stained glass windows in the church were designed mainly by Edward Burne-Jones with contributions from Ford Madox Brown and William Morris, and constitute one of the best collections of stained-glass from the William Morris Company in the North of England.
Priest: Father Michael Weymes
Deacon: John Hawthorne
Tel: 0191 285 1370 (St Charles Presbytery)