Pastoral Council of the Sacred Heart Parish
The Pastoral Council of the Sacred Heart Parish is an elected body which acts in an advisory capacity to the parish priest Father Jim Dunne who has overall responsibility to the bishop for the conduct of parish affairs. The Pastoral Council assists the Parish priest in:
- Christian Formation: The church's fundamental mission of preaching the Gospel to everyone and empowering them to live in the Image of Christ.
- Social and Community Affairs: Care for the well being of people in all matters not specifically spiritual.
The details about meetings and voting for members is set out in the Pastoral Council Constitution.
To contact the Pastoral Council you can email them.
There is more information about the life of the Parish in the Parish Profile drawn up in January 2007.
- President: Father Jim Dunne,
- Chairman: Jo Shepherd,
- Vice-Chairman: Ged Downey,
- Parish Treasurer: Sheila Cunningham,
- Parish Child Protection Officer: Jo Shepherd,
- Secretary: Marie Miller.
- 3rd March 2019
- 6th January 2019